Sunday, November 6, 2011

Autumn Inspired Still Life


Indian Summer Songs
18x18
Sold

This painting was inspired during a walk through the forest to feed my chickens. The autumn light was a mellow gold that seemed to guild everything with the same dusty amber colour. I just stood there and smelled the fall air and enjoyed that gorgeous light, the mellow air, and the sound of aspen leaves flickering. It was a sublime moment which inspired a few golden toned paintings. It seemed right to include the cheeky blackbirds that visit our backyard pond in this painting of light and sunflowers. It's interesting that even though I'm not painting from life now light still influences my work.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love that cheeky blackbird and your happy sunflowers Cindy!

diane ellery said...

it's just terrific to have you back in blog mode, cindy! i'm crazy for your hybrids!

Unknown said...

Thank you Cheryl and Diane. If I had the time I would post every painting and the thoughts that went along with it, it's interesting to see the linear progression of a blog.

showtimeart.com said...

Love the colors and composition.